Familink connected photo frames released between 2017 and 2020 are equipped with an internal battery. This battery allows the Familink photo frame to be used even when it is unplugged. Beginning in 2021, Familink photo frames will no longer have a battery, allowing for a more reliable product over time.
After several years of use, the battery may eventually fail. The frame may behave in one of the following ways
- The frame does not turn on
- The frame turns on and then immediately turns off.
- The frame turns on fine, but then turns off for no reason during the day.
What should I do if my frame stops working?
If the frame does not light up anymore, it is possible that it is simply discharged. We suggest that you charge it overnight to see if this solves the problem.
If the problem persists, please contact us for a repair.
Our technician will now replace the battery with a small electronic circuit that will allow the frame to shut down without losing data. This change will have the following effects:
- The problem will be solved once and for all, since there is no longer a battery in the frame.
- It will no longer be possible to use the Familink photo frame without leaving it plugged in.
The cost of the repair is €15 including VAT.
Which series are affected
All frames sold between 2017 and 2020 are affected. From 2021, our frames will no longer be equipped with a battery. In particular, the 10" photo frames do not have a battery.